Parent Village Toolkit
An integral part of our Building a Parent Nation campaign, Parent Villages bring together small groups of parents for a powerful learning and social support experience.
Parent Villages offer parents a source of social support and a framework to identify problems and push for solutions. Anyone is welcome to form a Parent Village, and our toolkit, available in English and Spanish, provides everything you need to get started! The toolkit includes:
- Curriculum Guides for each of the four 90-minute Parent Village sessions. These guides include everything hosts need to lead their group through the session.
- Participant Guides & Handouts - Everything that Parent Village members will need to participate in each session.
- Training Videos & Resources to help you host a successful Parent Village.
- Standalone Activities that can also be used outside the context of a Parent Village. Download and use what works for you!
Our hope is that Parent Villages will help participants achieve the following:
- Elevate expectations - Participants will see that society has an obligation to create structures and systems that support parents.
- Forge collective identity - Participants will see each other as allies who share a common bond—that they all love their children and all need support.
- Fight for change - Participants will explore their strengths, share their vision for a Parent Nation and work together to achieve it.
Learn more and download your toolkit at the Parent Nation website!
What I liked most about TMW was the interaction with my kids. They get excited, explaining to you and showing you different things. You allow them ot express themselves, and their imagination just runs wild. Then you're able to be a part of that.
A website dedicated to the ideas in Dr. Suskind’s book, “Parent Nation.” We’re bringing those ideas to life by Building a Parent Nation.